CLEVELAND–(BUSINESS WIRE)–PartsSource, the Leading Online Marketplace for Medical Equipment Parts and Service, Unveils Significant Extensions to PartsSource Pro®, the company’s flagship solution and the industry’s first and only clinical resource management platform. The visual form checks and supply chain risk monitor will be leveraged by the 1,500 member hospitals of the PartsSource Pro community. These new features, powered by PartsSource PRECISION Procurement®will be presented by PartsSource subject matter experts at booth #227 to the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation® (AAMI) Exchange in San Antonio, Texas.
Control system-wide variance with visual data-driven forms
Most hospitals purchase, order, manage and reconcile 200-700 different spare parts and spend 10-30% more than necessary on medical devices and spare parts due to fluctuating costs.1 Supply chain and HTM managers need greater visibility to make informed, data-driven decisions and the ability to predict savings on a single platform.
New from PartsSource Pro Form visual controls provides evidence and recommendations for healthcare organizations to implement digital purchasing policies to streamline the procurement process and improve supply chain reliability, while reducing gaps in costs and allowing customers to:
- Make informed decisions: Evaluate sourcing options and understand the trade-offs between quality, deliverability, and cost.
- Improve efficiency: View purchase recommendations informed by more than three billion data points and standardize procurement preferences at the system, facility, vendor, and modality level.
- Simplify program management: See the Formulary program savings to date and use the recommendations to further increase the savings. Form controls have been shown to generate up to 40% annual savings and more on some modalities, depending on the size of the health system and the scope of implementation.
Improve Supply Chain Visibility and Resilience with Supply Chain Risk Monitor
As healthcare technology leaders face global supply chain disruptions, PartsSource delivers technology-driven insights to secure critical supplies and ensure clinical uptime and patient safety.
- Gain macro and micro risk visibility: View relative provider performance trends, benchmarks from peer hospitals across the country, and the evidence needed to mitigate the impact.
- Reduce the impact of disruptions: Use secondary purchase options, storage policies, and form rules to mitigate risk and manage trade-offs.
- Identify proactive strategies: Use data in planning conversations with account management to explore opportunities such as extending guaranteed stock and strategic preventive maintenance adjustments.
“With the ongoing supply chain disruptions facing our hospital and the entire industry, the solutions and support provided through our PartsSource Pro membership have helped mitigate the impact. The extended data views provided by Visual Formulary Controls and Visual Analytics will allow me to see supply chain risks and equip me with the data needed to assess trade-offs between high-quality alternative purchasing options,” said Jamie Elderkin, Director of Biomedical Engineering, Bassett Healthcare Network. .
ADDITIONAL EXTENSIONS TO THE PARTSSOURCE PRO PLATFORM
Improve efficiency with new Operations Dashboard Manager views
The Operations Dashboard leverages data to help clinical engineering managers improve day-to-day management and prioritization of activities to improve equipment availability and operational efficiency.
Managers can now easily view order updates, pending order status, shipping information, and critical data all in one place. In addition to reducing the time spent consulting multiple data sources, the dashboard provides trade reminders to reduce costs and avoid penalties.
Improve decision quality and reduce costs with visual analytics
- Visual analytics automates the identification of savings opportunities and helps managers assess performance with visibility into spend data, actual savings to date, performance against program goals, and opportunities to save on shipping through order consolidation.
Extensive dashboards also simplify active quality management with visibility into quality return rate by supplier and modality, on-time delivery rate by supplier, and frequency of delayed shipments by source.
“We know that technology has the power to institutionalize data-driven decision-making. As PartsSource Pro drives the digital transformation of the medical device supply chain, we will continue to provide our customers with increased visibility into the evidence needed to improve asset availability and supply chain resilience, while enabling measurable operational and financial results for the healthcare industry. said Philip Settimi, MSE, MD, President and CEO of PartsSource.
About PartsSource®: Make sure health care is always on®
PartsSource’s proprietary sourcing platform removes friction from the healthcare supply chain by providing evidence-based decision support for healthcare technology management (HTM). With integrated workflows and standardized processes, PartsSource enables HTM teams to make data-driven decisions, manage long-term expenses, increase equipment uptime, and track the quality of clinical assets . To learn more about the value of proactive clinical asset lifecycle management, visit PartsSource.com.
The PartsSource logo, Ensuring Healthcare is Always On and Precision Procurement are registered trademarks of PartsSource, Inc.
1 Behm, Jason, et al. Reduced cost variation and increased quality of medical device maintenance purchases. Journal of Clinical Engineering. Vol 46(2):94-97, April/June 2021.